A healthy French toast is a dish made of bread soaked in beaten egg and then cooked in coconut oil. It is also known as German toast, Spanish toast, poor knights (of Windsor) or gypsy toast.
This FIXATE recipe gives a new and tastier twist to your usual French toast.
Prep time: 10
Cooking time: 6 minutes
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 ground cinnamon
2 tsp. pure maple syrup (or raw honey), divided use
2 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread
1 tsb. organic coconut oil
1 cup fresh sliced bananas
1. Combine eggs, almond milk, 1 tsp maple syrup, and cinnamon in a shallow pan; whisk to blend.
2. Soak each slice of bread in egg mixture for 5 minutes, turning halfway.
3. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bread; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side; or until golden brown.
5. Top each slice evenly with bananas and remaining 1 tsp. maple syrup.
6. Serve immediately.
1. chopped apples and cinnamon.
2. vanilla-infused peaches.
3. ¾ chopped strawberries
4. chopped mangoes.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 186 mg
Sodium: 84 mg
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugars: 8 g
Protein: 11 g
WANT TO GET ALL THESE AMAZING RECIPES TOO?
We’ve got a super easy, super simple and SUPER delicious way to get you and your family on that road to healthy eating. With my Recipe Of The Day, you get access right on your fingertips to recipes that are not only filled with plant-powered nutrients to get your bodies moving, but oh goodness are they yummy!
We promise you, your spouse and your kids will fall in love with healthy eating in no time! So don’t wait!